Discover the incredibly delicious and healthy curry with sprouted lentils, fennel, spinach, fenugreek and fine spices. This recipe comes from the dear Beate(Mindful Nutrition).
Ingredients for 4 people
- 200g germinated organic lentils
- 1 organic fennel
- 1 baby pak choi (alt. chard)
- 1 small organic onion
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- 20 g organic ginger (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil for frying
- 25 g butter (vegan)
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp mustard seed (dark)
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 1 organic lime (alt. lemon)
- 200 g organic baby spinach
- Natural salt
- Fenugreek sprouts (or another variety to taste).
- Fresh coriander and mint
- 200 g germinated lentils (>instructions)
- Clean/wash the fennel, cut in half and cut diagonally into fine strips.
- Clean the onion, halve it and cut it into fine strips.
- Press the garlic.
- Peel the ginger and grate finely.
- Grind the cumin seeds and mustard seeds in a mortar.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over a medium "flame" and sauté the curry leaves, cumin seeds and mustard seeds until everything is fragrant. Then add the fennel, onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the garam masala and the remaining spices, add the lentils, fill up with vegetable stock and coconut milk, bring everything to the boil and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime.
- Wash the spinach, spin dry and stir into the curry after cooking. Season to taste with lime juice and salt.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with fenugreek sprouts and herbs.